LG 42LD520 42-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV - In Stock One Day FREE Shipping

The picture size won't allow a "force fit" of an older 4:3 ration signal to the 16:9 Wide Screen FormatI replaced a slightly larger screen (46") with is LG and haven't missed the old set a minute. The LG was easy to set up right out of the box. The menu's on-screen through the remote were clear and simple to explain to the more easily frustrated members of the viewing family.The picture is crystal clear, sharp and a joy to watch. The sound is fine for my needs. HDTV looks great, the Blu-Ray player is wonderful.The only real issue I don't like is the picture size functions. My old set would allow me to crop the picture and fill the screen with an old non-HD 4:3 TV signal. I have yet to be able to force this on the LG. So I see alot of black space on the ends when viewing an old movie. Not a big deal, particularly when its the only complaint. 

I have been wanting a new large scree TV for about 3 years now. I finally got out of grad school and got a real job and the first purchase I made was a TV. I have been looking for many years and thought that the 120Hz LCD was the way to go. WRONG! I want a large tv for watching football and hockey. I now can say first hand that LCD's suck at sports. They are pixilated and blurry when the players are in motion. Hence the 120Hz 2.5ms response time, compred to plasma 600Hz 0.0001ms response time. I bought this TV and took it home and was shocked at how good the picture was for basic tv programs like 30Rock and The Office, but was stunned at how poor the picture was with football. I was not happy spending 1000 bucks (With warranty) on a tv that did not show sports well. I don't need a 42in TV to watch sitcoms, I need it to watch SPORTS!I returned the tv and bought a 42in Samsung PLASMA. It is UNBELIEVABLE! Sports are amazing with no blur and no pixilation. The only downside is a little glare. However, unless you try to focus on the glare you don't notice it after a few seconds.If you want a large TV for sports GET A PLASMA and save a couple hundred bucks.