LG 42LG70 42-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV

After reading reviews, I recently purchased the 40" Sony XBR4 as it's considered one of the best LCD's on the market. But after 10 days of continuing to adjust and tinker with the settings on the Sony, I concluded the color was just too garish and sensitive. I even had a technician come out to look at the set, and he agreed the color quality on the Sony was inconsistent at best.

Enter the new LG 42LG70 which I purchased after returning the overrated Sony XBR4.

The LG42LG70 has a great picture...very natural colors. The set reproduces vibrant colors, but not in the garish, you need sunglasses to view it, way that the Sony did. In addition, the LG 42LG70 has some terrific settings such as "Fresh Color" which accentuates the green of playing fields when watching sports such as baseball (it does so without oversaturating other colors at the same time).

Furthermore, the LG 42LG70 is a good looking set! Thin, impressive black bezel, etc... I have a 42" Sharp Aquos in my den, but have to admit I like the picture quality better on the brand new LG 42LG70.

I highly recommend this LCD to anyone in the market for a quality television! (Plus, it costs less than the disappointing Sony XBR4!).

I spent hours looking at just about every 12Ohz TV in the store. I had the decision down to the Samsung "Touch of Red," LG Scarlett (LG60) and this 42LG70. The Samsung seemed nice, but I felt it was overpriced. It had half the features the LGs have. The only thing "special" about the Samsung was that it had a hard drive. Personally I don't need a hard drive on my TV. I like the Scarlet (42LG60), but I wasn't a fan of the big circle in the middle. It's style and design seemed a little odd and old fashioned to me. Then there it was, the 42LG70! Same exact features as the Scarlet, but the design is much more modern (and $450 cheaper)! The finish is very sleek and shiny. You can see your face in it (it comes with a super cool, high speed micro fiber cloth to wipe off finger prints and smudges and it works really well)! I got it home and hooked it up and the picture was unreal. I watched an episode of Prison Break in HD and was blown away. My wife made the comment that the picture was so good, you could see the actors pores and imperfections lol. The funny thing is, she usually can't tell the difference between HD and SD. This TV has opened her eyes (we had a 32LG40 from three years ago)!

Like someone already mentioned, the TruMotion is an excellent feature while watching most programming, but for certain HD programming and every movie I have tried to watch, its better to turn the TruMotion off. The problem I noticed is that it seems you are watching everything in a x2 FF mode. Turned the TruMotion off and the speed went back to normal without any loss of picture quality.

This TV is absolutely amazing and you cannot beat the price! Sony is overrated and expensive and Samsung is starting to get that way too. Bottom line: you can't go wrong purchasing this LCD TV!