LG 42LE5400 42-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV with Internet Applications - In Stock One Day FREE Shipping

The LG 42LE5400 is my first flat-screen television, and I've only had it for a couple weeks now. So there are the caveats.

But to my eye, it's a beautiful machine -- with the power on or off. I'm the kind of person who wants the giant TV in my living room to look nice even when it's off; only Samsung sets can match this LG in the looks department. It's almost impossibly thin, and when powered off it's just a cool-looking black panel sitting on my entertainment center.

Turned on, it's amazing. I haven't noticed any blurring while watching sports or action, the colors are great, flesh tones look like flesh, and the blacks look more than adequate. I did have to fiddle with the settings some out of the box -- turned the backlighting way down, for example. But to me, the television's self-calibration system seems to work great.

The Internet apps are pretty good, if a little spare. The TV connects to Netflix, Vudu, YouTube and other Internet video using an Ethernet cable plugged into my wireless router. LG sells a separate wireless receiver that you can plug into the television to ditch the 10baseT. There are also a bunch of Yahoo! "widgets" that do things like tell you the weather and check stock prices. They seem relatively useless.

I don't know anything about consumer electronics but bought this model television here. I could not be more pleased. The picture is crystal clear.
I thought long and hard before I bought anything this large and expensive from a website, but I had absolutely NO problem!
I should have paid more attention to my shipping options when it came to free shipping. I thought it took a few days longer to arrive than it should have, but chalk that up to my not having read all the details.
I did try to do my homework about brands and features, etc. I must have done alright because I don't see how this television could be any better. I'm going to eventually investigate how I can do the wireless hookup to my computer so that I can do the Netflix instant download thing.
You can buy a cheaper tv this size but you might get what you pay for.